Wow Borneo’s Clean Care Pledge
Wow Borneo pledges to:
1. Set up a Safety Team to set protocols, manage and train staff in all aspects of maintaining a safe environment for both guests and the staff.
2. To keep up to date with the latest advice from WHO*, CDC* and public health authorities on how to maintain a safe environment for guests and staff.
3. Create an action plan to safely manage suspected coronavirus cases whether guests or staff.
4. Ensure any staff member who exhibits symptoms typical of coronavirus, who has come into contact with guests, or other staff suspected of, or ill with coronavirus, seeks medical advice and are quarantined for 14 days.
5. Implement and follow the guidelines and recommendations of WHO, CDC and public health authorities for the protection of guests and staff from the coronavirus.
6. Implement and follow the guidelines and recommendations of WHO, CDC and public health authorities for cleaning and disinfecting within guest rooms to protect against the transmission of coronavirus.
7. Ensure the safety of staff through proper training, the provision of PPE* and barrier gesture discipline (social distancing, respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene).
8. Maintain a stock of PPE and ensure staff and guests are fully trained in the correct use of PPE that they may be provided with, including wearing, removing and safe disposal.
9. Ensure that hygiene and cleaning services are enhanced throughout the property with all high contact surfaces regularly disinfected.
10. Ventilate all cabins daily, and where a suspected coronavirus case was staying before cabins will be ventilated for 24 hrs before cleaning, disinfecting and re-opening to new guests.
11. Ensure that housekeeping staff are fully trained in the new cleaning standards required and how to keep themselves and their colleagues safe (including correct use of PPE, correct disinfectants to use with each surface type, ventilation of cabins).
12. Set up clearly marked hand cleaning stations throughout the property with hand sanitizer or soap dispensers provided.
13. Set detailed cleaning protocols for all areas of the boat with special attention to high contact areas such as door handles, railings and dining areas.
14. Post information in the form of leaflets in the property to remind staff and guests how to stay safe and protect each other from coronavirus.
15. Ensure all staff are fully informed and trained in all safety protocols and are also able to communicate (and enforce) these protocols clearly to all visitors, service providers and guests to the property.
16. Ensure that air conditioner filters are regularly cleaned, and all ventilation, air exchange, and dehumidification equipment is working and regularly maintained.
17. Ensure that all water systems are well maintained and disinfected in line with manufacturers recommendations.
18. Set all restaurant and bar tables to seat a max of 4 persons per 10sqm with tables set with 1m distance measured from backs of chairs, and guests who face each other to be at least 1.5m apart.
19. Impose compliance with barrier gestures (social distancing, hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette) on all guests, visitors, service providers and staff. Provide multilingual information cards to support this.
*WHO – World Health Organization
*CDC – Centre for Disease Control
*PPE – Personal Protection Equipment