Day 1: PANGKALAN BUN – KUMAI – TANJUNG HARAPAN
Upon arrival at Pangkalan Bun Airport you will be picked up by our local staff for transfer to the port of Kumai to board the Wow Borneo boat. Each boat is a renovated traditional Klotok, or wooden river boat, measuring 18m by 3m, with a comfortable upper deck where you can view the rainforest as it glides by. The boats have 3 air conditioned ensuite cabins below deck. Your cabin is fully equipped with sheets, towels and toiletries. Delicious Asian fusion meals are eaten around the dining table on deck. The boat crew includes the boatman, a cook, assistant cook, and English speaking guide.
En route to the Tanjung Puting National Park, we stop first at Tanjung Harapan, a rehabilitation center for orangutans. After a short walk in the forest to the platforms, we witness feeding time at 15.00. Later, in the peaceful late afternoon, we will slowly explore the quiet river to observe the proboscis monkeys along the riverside. Dinner and overnight on the boat.
Day 2 : PESALAT – CAMP LEAKEY
Day 3 : PONDOK TANGGUY – TANJUNG HARAPAN
(Free additional program : we could arrange the night walking on this place searching for nocturnal animal or glowing mushroom or just enjoy down the river at nipah palm mangrove observing fireflies )
Day 4 : SEKONYER RIVER – KUMAI – PANGKALAN BUN AIRPORT
Enjoy breakfast on board. The boat slowly cruises along the Sekonyer River. This is the last opportunity for wildlife spotting along the mangrove riversides. After lunch, transfer to Kumai port then to Pangkalan Bun airport for departure.
Tour Includes :
1. Transfers in and out, between the Sekonyer in Kumai and the Pangkalan Bun airport or hotel
2. Air conditioned (optional), ensuite cabin accommodation
3. English speaking guide
4. All meals cooked and served onboard
5. Mineral water, tea, coffee and fresh fruit juices
6. Admission fee and park entrance permit
7. All off boat tours, as per program
8. Ranger donation
Tour Excludes :
3. Alcoholic and soda beverages
4. Additional services requested Itineraries are samples only. Cruise itineraries are subject to seasonal river conditions. Dry season conditions may cause alterations to the itineraries.
Note that, depending on your arrival time in Pangkalan Bun, the program may change to fit with orangutan feeding times. However over the course of your visit, we will visit the forest locations described, but in a different order. We recommend that you purchase comprehensive accident, medical, baggage and trip cancellation/interruption insurance.